to West Wilts u3a which is run by the members for the members and serves the communities of Trowbridge, Melksham and Frome.
A wide range of activities is on offer to those whose days are no longer tied to earning a living.
Non-members are very welcome to attend up to two monthly or group meetings after which they are asked to become a member of the West Wilts u3a in order to attend further events.
Subject groups are the life blood of our organisation, and we currently have over fifty, so whether you want to brush up your French, learn Tai Chi, enjoy a musical appreciation session led by a well-informed enthusiast, or Knit and Natter, the range of activity is so broad, there really is something there for you look here to find out!
The various groups organise a wide variety of talks and events, here's the link to find out what is currently planned.
We also have a u3aTV channel on YouTube
- Exercise Class in MelkshamWe have a qualified fitness instructor with years of experience teaching mature people safe exercise to music who is proposing to run an exercise class based in Melksham. The session would start with gentle chair… Read more: Exercise Class in Melksham
- Are you a play reader?There is possibility we may form a New Play Reading Group. Sadly, our previous Play Reading Group was forced to close by the Covid lockdown, but our new member Simon has come forward to explore… Read more: Are you a play reader?
- Zumba CancellationAdvance Warning: There will be no Zumba Gold class on Monday 26 February.
- Trip to the Houses of ParliamentOn a Friday in January 50 members left Trowbridge for London and were dropped of near the Houses of Parliament. There were about 2 hours to explore and find somewhere for lunch. Some visited Westminster… Read more: Trip to the Houses of Parliament
- Work with Year 10 Students at Clarendon AcademyIn the first week of December about 20 of our members attended Clarendon Academy throughout the week to support Year 10 Health and Social Care students, who were required as part of their course to… Read more: Work with Year 10 Students at Clarendon Academy